In this section you will find all the information on our Point of Sale and Online Store.
Search the FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS all the answers to your questions.
We remind you that for all questions relating to the store, you can contact our store directly.
You will find all the contact details in the contact us section.
The insurance, already included in the rental price, covers damage caused by third parties. In addition, roadside assistance within a specific area is also included. Damages to the scooter or the theft thereof are covered by a deductible of 500/750/1500 €, depending on the type of scooter. All accessories (helmets, top case, GPS, gloves, padlock, etc.) are not covered by insurance and are paid separately in the event of loss or damage.
Yes. You can purchase an extra insurance that reduces the scooter's excess in case of damage and theft during the online booking
|Type of scooter||Standard Cover insurance||Super Cover extra insurance|
|Standard 50/125cc||500€||150€ damage and theft|
|Premium 300cc||1500€||300€ damage and theft|
|Scooter 50cc||Scooter 125cc||Scooter 300cc|
|Italy||Min. 18 years, B/AM license||Min. 18 years, A1 (max 11KW) or A2 (max 35KW) or A or B (max 11KW)||Min. 21 years and A or A2 license|
*Note: if the driving license does not belong to a European Union country, or does not have an agreement with Italy, it is necessary to present an international driving license. Permits must be legally valid in the country where you intend to drive, not in the country of origin.
|Scooter 50cc||Scooter 125cc||Scooter 300cc|
|Italy||Min. 18 years, B / AM license||Min. 18 years, A1 (max 11KW) or A2 (max 35KW) or A or B (max 11KW)||Min. 21 years and A or A2 license|
* Note: if the driving license does not belong to a European Union country, or does not have an agreement with Italy, it is necessary to present an international driving license. Permits must be legally valid in the country where you intend to drive, not in the country of origin.
Yes. You must pay a deposit for the scooter or possibly for the rental of Wifi / GPS devices. You can pay the deposit by credit card. In any case, your card will not be charged, unless the condition for which it is requested exists.
To provide our service in all possible locations we have 3 types of rental points:
- Ortigia Rent Siracusa Shop - is our store, recognizable by the Ortigia Rent Siracusa logo, in which we provide our service and a wide variety of scooter models and extras for your comfort.
- Delivery point - it's a meeting point, not a store. An Ortigia Rent Siracusa employee will deliver and collect the scooter here on the exact day and time indicated in your booking.
- Partner shop - is a store of another brand in which we can also offer you our scooters and the best possible service, in destinations where we do not yet have Ortigia Rent Siracusa stores.
Unfortunately not. Once you start your rental, the amount that was paid cannot be refunded. We do not make refunds if the renter delivers the scooter (and / or extra) before the date and time mentioned in the contract.
The renter must inform the store in advance of any change in the rental duration. In accordance with the contractual conditions, Ortigia Rent Siracusa will charge a penalty of € 50 in addition to the extra rental cost. Furthermore, it is illegal to drive with an expired rental contract. In the event that the renter wants to extend the contract, it is necessary to inform the store and have an updated contract, which can be picked up at the store or sent by e-mail.
Yes. During the compilation of your online booking, you can select from the "extras" various types of deliveries and / or withdrawals at hotels or airports.
Yes. However, please consider the disadvantages: the renter is not allowed to drive outside the city or on the highway with a 50cc scooter. With a 125cc or higher displacement, you are allowed to drive out of town within a limited area. Every single store has a specific coverage area for scooter insurance or roadside assistance - you are therefore not authorized to drive outside this area.
Yes, you have to take the scooter back to the same level of petrol as when you rented it. Otherwise, we will charge you for the cost of gasoline when you return the scooter.
You are fully covered by insurance in the event of damage caused by a third party. For damage caused to the scooter, or theft of the scooter, the insurance reduces the amount to be paid to a deductible, in case of compliance with the contractual rental agreements. We offer the possibility to purchase a deductible for the insurance of your scooter.
Yes. You can drive all our scooters even with a passenger. If you are two, you will need a second helmet, which requires an additional cost
You must bring your passport or identity card with you, a credit card to pay the security deposit and your driving license. To rent a scooter you must be in possession of a valid driving license according to the regulations of the country visited.
Our scooter rental service includes a driver's helmet, RCA insurance with deductible, free cancellation with 24 hours' notice, roadside assistance, unlimited kilometers and discount for online reservations.
Below is our policy regarding cancellation of reservations:
- If the renter cancels the reservation within the 24 hours prior to the scooter collection date, it will be possible to fully refund the amount paid (100%)
- Cancellations are not accepted with less than 24 hours notice from the scooter collection date.
- If the renter cancels the reservation without notice, it will not be possible in any way to make the refund.
No. It is forbidden to drive without wearing a helmet. Both the driver and the passenger must wear their own helmet, even if it is a 50cc.