To rent a scooter with Ortigia Rent Siracusa you just have to be legally enabled to drive .
Below are the minimum requirements of our rental points, referring to the laws in force in Italy.
The categories mentioned correspond to the official European driving license categories.
|Scooter 50cc||Scooter 125cc||300cc Scooter|
|Italy||Min. 18 years, B / AM license||Min. 18 years, driving license A1 (max 11KW) or A2 (max 35KW) or A or B (max 11KW)||Min. 21 years and A or A2 license|
* Note: if the driving license does not come from a country of the European Economic Union or from a country without a convenience agreement with Italy, it will be necessary to have an international driving permit (IDP). Similarly, valid documents are governed by the law of the country in which you drive, not by the country of origin where the document was issued.
Apart from that, you will have to leave a deposit of € 150 for all 50cc and e-bike scooters, € 300 for 125cc displacement scooters and € 500 for scooters with 300c displacement onwards. The deposit can be left by credit card, and will be returned at the end of the rental.
All our scooters are equipped with a helmet, insurance from a deductible from € 500 to € 1500 (depending on the type of scooter) and roadside assistance. There is also the possibility of adding a second helmet and full insurance.
Our cancellation policy is:
- Cancellation with prior notice over 24 hours: 100% refund of the amount paid.
- Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are not allowed.
- Cancellation without notice: no refund.
- Ortigia Rent Siracusa cannot guarantee the delivery of premium-class vehicles for bookings made in advance.
You can then download a PDF with our rental terms and conditions: